Funny thing as I get older….I can’t stop being 29! Just kidding! I embrace my age, but have fun saying I’m 29 for the 9th year in a row! 🙂
1. Laughter really is the best medicine.
2. Embrace each day to its fullest.
3. Your friends and family can help you through the best and hardest times in your life.
4. Call people instead of texting once in a while.
5. Give back to your communities. They give us so much every day.
6. Work will let you work as hard as you will let it. You have to have a balance.
7. Prayers and meditation work.
8. Friends come in all walks of life. Enjoy every moment they are in your life.
9. There’s no reason to judge anyone. Be there for them instead of judging.
10. Animals teach us true unconditional love.
11. Have a bucket list and tackle the heck out of it!
12. Everyone has something they love to do! Embrace it with them and enjoy learning more about your friends, family, and co-workers.
13. It’s much more fun trying new things than being repetitive all the time.
14. I’ve always been a Disney kid and always will be! Dreams really do come true!
15. Always be yourself. If you can’t be yourself, you are not around the right people.
16. Do something kind for others each and every day. Don’t wait for it to be a holiday.
17. Be honest with yourself and others.
18. I still have a fear of dying. I have faith, but it’s something I am scared of.
19. Try to get a good sleep routine. Trust me…I was off schedule for 4 years and was miserable.
20. You only live once. Don’t forgo your dreams because you are too scared.
21. Always stand up for what you believe in.
22. If you are true to yourself and others, life is much easier than trying to please others.
23. Favorite movies of all time…Dirty Dancing and Pitch Perfect.
24. Life lessons are hard to learn. Try to understand the meaning behind each and grow from it.
25. Balena is my all time favorite restaurant in Chicago!!!
26. Cupcakes over cake any day!
27. I know how to get the best deal on things. If you need help trying to find a discount, just ask!
28. Writing my blog has been very therapeutic and has gained a following of 8,500 followers in just one year.
29. An odd item on my bucket list, learn calligraphy. I think it’s beautiful and would love to learn how to do it.
30. My 30 birthday was one of the hardest days for me. I focused on what wasn’t right in my life….ended up having a surprise party and surrounded by my family and friends.
31. Sometimes we give more than others and that’s okay. If you find yourself always giving more…you may have to reconsider that friendship.
32. Having family and friends all across the U.S. can have its challenges as well as benefits. Do everything you can to keep those relationships fluid.
33. I love Chicago and taking in all it has to offer. So many things to do in this amazing city!
34. Always be open to new things. You never know if you will like something if you don’t try.
35. I do believe everyone has a soul mate.
36. You can’t win the lottery if you don’t play. I religiously play every week.
37. It’s okay to like nice things. Doesn’t mean your vein or materialistic. Everyone has their own thing….no need to judge. Love them for who they are.
38. If you read this, you really are a special person in my life. Thank you for reading all 38 things that came to my head as I embrace 29 for the 9th year in a row!